18th IWA World Conference on Anaerobic Digestion
June 2-6, 2024
The 18th World Congress on Anaerobic Digestion will be held in Istanbul, Turkey, between 2-6 June 2024 with the support of the IWA Anaerobic Digestion Specialist Group. IWA AD18 Conference is one of the most important international events in anaerobic technologies, where the latest developments and innovations in the field of anaerobic technologies will be discussed by academicians, researchers, representatives of the public and private sectors around the world. The event includes workshops, keynote lectures, interactive discussions, exhibitions, technical tours and social events.
The conference will take place first time in a region that bridges Europe and Asia. Istanbul Airport is the second largest airport in the world and has more than 260 flight destinations on 6 continents. Thus, having the conference in Istanbul will facilitate extending the network with new people from different countries.
- Anaerobic treatment of industrial, municipal, agricultural waste(water)
- Pre- and post-treatment strategies for AD
- Novel and hybrid/integrated anaerobic process configurations
- Biogas upgrading and use areas
- Valorization of digestate from biowaste to high value-added products
- Economic and environmental sustainability analysis in AD
- Circular bioeconomy concept in AD