Job Opportunity Information
Vice President, Sales & Marketing
Thursday, January 12th 2023
Deadline to apply
Greenlane Renewables Inc.
Vice President, Sales & Marketing
Greenlane Renewables Inc., headquartered in Metro Vancouver, Canada, is a pioneer in the rapidly growing renewable natural gas (RNG) industry. As a leading global provider of biogas upgrading systems, Greenlane is helping to clean up two of the largest and most difficult-to-decarbonize sectors of the global energy system: the natural gas grid and the commercial transportation sector. Their systems produce clean, low-carbon and carbon-negative RNG from organic waste sources including landfills, wastewater treatment plants, dairy farms, and food waste streams, suitable for either injection into the natural gas grid or for direct use as vehicle fuel. Greenlane’s business has been built on over 30 years of industry experience, patented and proprietary technology, and systems sold into 19 countries.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Vice President, Sales & Marketing leads an existing team of four Sales Managers located across North America and Europe and is responsible for driving the overall business development and financial performance of the organization. The Vice President develops the vision and implements the plan that will propel the company towards an expanded global customer base, increased market share and greater brand recognition.
The Vice President, Sales & Marketing is a strategic thinker and impactful communicator with a proven track record of managing teams of geographically dispersed sales professionals to achieve and exceed ambitious revenue and margin targets. Additionally, the incumbent will ensure the organization’s traditional and digital marketing is on-point with Greenlane’s brand vision. This position will shape the future growth and evolution of the sales function and play an integral role in the overall success of the organization.
As an ideal candidate you will bring hands-on experience strategizing and negotiating complex sales deals in the biogas/biomethane industry, or a similar sector requiring complex and high value system and equipment sales. You bring expert technical knowledge and possess an engaging leadership style that achieves and sustains credibility with staff, colleagues, clients and other diverse stakeholders.
If you are passionate about leading the sales and marketing function of a high growth, clean technology TSX listed company and partnering with the Chief Executive Officer and senior management team to expand and evolve the business in a new, dynamic and fast evolving sector of the global energy industry, please submit your application below.
- Leads a global team of talented Sales Managers to progress leads through the sales funnel and convert them into firm contracts that meet or exceed annual revenue and margin objectives.
- Develops and executes strategies and tactics for the sales and marketing team to increase market share and gross margin while expanding the customer base in North America and Europe.
- Establishes clear sales metrics and benchmarks for measuring sales team performance.
- Develops and maintains a strong network of key strategic relationships within the industry.
- Partners and collaborates professionally with the operations team to ensure a smooth transition between proposal signing and project delivery execution.
- Collaborates with strategic partners and clients to research market needs and identify possible new product solutions in collaboration with the Product Management team.
- Ensures that Greenlane has market differentiation and maintains a genuine and sustainable competitive advantage.
- Builds an engaged and cohesive team. Coaches, mentors and develops team members towards personal and professional accomplishments that haven’t previously been achieved.
- Attends relevant conferences around the globe and seeks out speaking opportunities to provide thought leadership and build upon Greenlane’s brand recognition.
- Leads the marketing and communications function and ensures that marketing campaigns and brand awareness initiatives are fresh, compelling, strategically executed, and align with the corporate objectives and brand vision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics or Engineering preferred plus a minimum of 15 years of sales experience with significant accomplishments in revenue and margin growth. MBA preferred.
- Previous career experience in the biogas/biomethane industry. Experience with complex system equipment sales.
- Strong leadership skills; able to lead change and mentor and motivate a globally dispersed sales team.
- Impressive track record of hiring and rapidly scaling sales teams in a high growth environment.
- Hands-on experience strategizing and negotiating complex sales deals.
- Ability to operate at both a strategic/conceptual level as well as at a detailed, operational level.
- Metrics driven; highly disciplined in tracking and utilizing KPIs.
How to apply