Job Opportunity Information
Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls (EIC) Engineer
Wednesday, May 10th 2023
Deadline to apply
The EIC Engineer will be responsible for working with team members in the execution of engineering duties and will be expected to apply engineering principles when solving complex problems. Specifically the EIC Engineer will be responsible for performing power system studies, assisting in the ordering of material for new installations, participating in equipment design, specifications, procurement and preparation of electrical drawings.
- Generating electrical & instrumentation design work packages and specifications.
- Generating electrical and control system schematics, cable schedules, panel schedules etc.
- Independently evaluating the selection and/or modification of standard techniques, procedures, criteria and systems to efficiently meet project goals.
- Preparing change requests as required.
- Demonstrating strong fundamental knowledge of Electrical Engineering.
- Knowledge of Hazardous Area classification and markings.
- Experience with motor sizing, specification and selection.
- Proficiency in cable sizing, cable tray sizing, lighting/lightning calculations, power consumption and load calculations.
- Generating single line diagrams and wiring diagrams.
- Design and drafting electrical panel layouts.
- Generating grounding layouts.
- Generating electrical equipment and Instrumentation specifications.
- Proficient in engineering design software, mainly EPLAN tools.
- Apply standard engineering best practices and exhibit a working knowledge of applicable electrical codes.
- Must follow Greenlane electrical standard design principles and work closely and professionally with other team members.
- Review vendor drawings.
- Developing, planning, scheduling and coordinating detailed phases of engineering work.
- Reviewing and generating design data from P&IDs.
- Coordinating details and miscellaneous design criteria with other engineering teams
- Preparing and /or supervising engineering reports, studies, calculations and checks drawings as required.
- Project scoping at client sites.
- Prepare maintenance scopes of work for the repair, alteration, and/or replacement-in-kind of refinery equipment.
- Troubleshoot EIC issues in a systematic manner using established troubleshooting methodologies.
- Assisting with factory acceptance testing, site acceptance testing and commissioning.
- Liaising with equipment suppliers to ensure technical deliverables meet EIC requirements.
- Working with external service providers to ensure that electrical related work is of sufficient quality.
- Assist in reviewing and summarizing relevant electrical codes and regulations for input into company design processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Instrumentation & Control System Engineering (or related discipline) with 7-12 years’ experience as an EIC engineer.
- Registered Professional Engineer in BC would be an asset.
- Familiar with Instrumentation selection, installation and configuration.
- Familiar with Hazardous Area design, selection and installation, grounding would be an asset.
- Familiar with low voltage distribution system design.
- Familiar with electrical and instrumentation scopes of work and construction work packages, including detailed drawings and specifications.
- A thorough understanding of the Canadian Electrical Code (CEC), NFPA70, IEEE and ISA standards in electrical engineering design.
- Must be able to occasionally participate/travel for site installation related of the electrical equipment in hazardous area, construction and pre-commissioning.
- Experience with coordinating electrical and instrumentation procurement vendor inspections and QA / QC reporting activities.
- Knowledge of maintenance, reliability, and turnaround practices an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is an asset).
- Working knowledge of the AutoCAD Electrical. Knowledge of EPLAN software is an asset.
- Knowledge of the following Automation Hardware is required; PLC /HMI software i.e. Siemens SIMATIC S7/TIA portal, WinCC, Rockwell Automation: RSLOGIX 5000 PLC/HMI.
- Demonstrate exceptional critical thinking skills with an ability to identify and anticipate potential risks.
- Shows initiative and drives cost effective and timely results.
- Effective communication skills, and have the ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Must be able to manage and prioritize various activities from multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in the oil and gas industry is an asset, preferably in an EPCM or Owner/Operator environment.
- Travel and site work will be required (1-3 week trips on average, 1-5 times a year)
How to apply
We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals. To be considered
for this role please apply through the Greenlane Renewables page on LinkedIn and attach your resume. While
we thank all interested candidates only those who are short-listed will be contacted.