Reply To: Thermotolerant mesophilic anaerobic digestion

• Md Mahobul

2 November 2023 at 1:24 pm

Hi Ana,
    I am from Bangladesh.

I’m glad to hear that you’re interested in thermotolerant mesophilic and thermophilic processes for digesting organic municipal waste. I have some experience in this area, and I’d be happy to share what I know.

Thermotolerant mesophilic and thermophilic processes have several advantages over traditional mesophilic processes. They can operate at higher temperatures, which allows them to break down more complex organic matter and produce higher-quality biogas. Additionally, they’re less susceptible to inhibition by heavy metals and other toxins.

However, thermotolerant mesophilic and thermophilic processes also require more specialized equipment and expertise, and the higher operating temperatures can lead to increased energy costs.

For tropical countries like Bangladesh, mesophilic digestion is the preferred method for digesting organic municipal waste. This is because mesophilic digestion is a relatively simple and inexpensive process that can be used to treat a wide variety of organic waste materials, even at high temperatures. Additionally, the municipal waste in Bangladesh is typically high in organic matter and low in heavy metals, making it ideal for treatment using mesophilic digestion.

You can have look at my plant video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZWT8b5BkfM

Look forward to hearing from others.
    Regards
    Mahobul Islam