Job Opportunity Information
Tuesday, November 8th 2022
Deadline to apply
As part of our continuous growth, we are seeking to employ an enthusiastic and motivated Events Officer with 3-5 year experience in the organisation of events to support the ongoing and future external and internal outreach activities of the organization.<br />
The candidate will support the work of the communications team (3 people + candidate) and will be responsible for the overall organisation and coordination of EBA events and conferences, including event planning and staff supervision, internal reporting, development of appropriate organisational tools and building of good practices for the organisation of all EBA events.<br />
He/she will bring fresh ideas to the table for the organisation thought-provoking events which contribute to the development of the biogas and biomethane industries. The candidate will also coordinate dissemination and communication activities in the framework of several EU projects.
- Coordinating the European Biogas Conference, EBA’s flagship annual event, including supervision of budget, contact with speakers and participants, sponsorships, event promotion, logistics, conference programme and networking opportunities, organisation of EBA Awards and Gala Dinner (+350 attendees for 2022 edition).
- Organising other EBA impactful workshops and events (50-100 people).
- Performing communication and dissemination tasks for EU projects (Horizon Europe).
- Degree in Marketing Communications or Events Management.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in events organisation, including at least one big conference at European level (over 300 participants).
- Highly organised individual with proven track record in planning and executing events, as well as in coordinating teams;
- Experience in organising online and hybrid events is an asset;
- Knowledge of event management platforms will be considered as a plus;
- Excellent command of English, at least a passive knowledge of French, any other European language an asset;
- IT-savvy with knowledge of CMS and marketing software (Canva, InDesign, Mailing tools) highly desired;
- A dynamic, flexible, detail-oriented person with a flair for teamwork;
- Proactive, self-starter and good communicator;
- Ability to prioritise and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Eligibility to work in Europe.
- Experience carrying out communication tasks in EU projects.
How to apply
Please contact by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +32 24 00 10 89