Job Opportunity Information
E&I Field Engineer
North America, Remote
Wednesday, April 19th 2023
Deadline to apply
This position will provide specialist on site Electrical and Instrumentation support to Field Commissioning and Service activities. Responsibilities will include the installation, commissioning, maintenance and service tasks on Greenlane equipment as per Greenlane Health, Safety and Quality Management systems. The role will involve working with Biogas upgrading products such as gas compressor systems, level and pressure controls, flow controls, gas chromatographs and gas analyzers.
Health and Safety/Quality
● Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
● Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and
● Participate in ongoing training and compliance requirements associated with the industry.
● Supervise subcontractors on site this includes health, safety & quality compliance.
● Adhere to the company’s Health & Safety Policy and Quality Management System.
● Perform risk assessments and prepare risk and method statements.
● Promote a culture of continuous improvement.
Installation and Commissioning
● Coordinate and execute start-up and commissioning of Greenlane biogas upgrading plants including pretreatment,
compression and upgrading systems.
● Quality assurance on new equipment including testing new hardware and debugging new software including PLC
program, HMI and industrial automation controls and equipment. i.e. VSDs, Soft Starters, Motors and Motor
Controls and general electrical equipment.
● Identify opportunities for product and process improvement.
● Perform Factory Acceptance, Site Acceptance, and Performance Testing on new equipment and installations.
● Identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues encountered during Commissioning.
● Ability to design and/or develop new control systems and testing, maintaining and/or modifying existing systems
● Provide on-the job and classroom operation and maintenance training to customers.
Service and Maintenance
● Provide on-site and remote specialist electrical, instrumentation and controls field service support for Biogas
● Troubleshooting Biogas process issues, low voltage electrical hardware and control system.
● Analyze system data trend logs to diagnose issues and implement solutions on site and remotely.
● Supervise site services and conduct lockout and re-start procedures.
● Create troubleshooting reference documentation.
● Interface with internal and external customers.
● Generate detailed customer service reports and documentation.
● Flexibility with working hours, as being part of an on call rotation and call out service is expected.
● Be available for regular North American and on occasions, international travel.
Engineering Degree or equivalent education and experience with at least 5+ years of previous electrical
instrumentation/controls industry experience.
● Strong troubleshooting skills and decision making capabilities.
● A good understanding and ability to work with Siemens Automation Software and Hardware, Programmable Logic
Controllers (PLC) (S7-300, S7-1500) and HMI; e.g. Simatic Manager, TIA portal & WinCC.
● Ability to read and understand the PLC control logic in programming environment i.e. Ladder logic, Function Blocks,
Structure Text, SFC/Graph, and work with communication protocols Ethernet/IP, Profinet, Fieldbus, Modbus.
● Ability to read and understand the Low Voltage (up to 600V AC/ 50-60 HZ) Electrical diagrams and drawings.
● Ability to read and understand Control system drawings and P&IDs.
● Familiar and good understanding of Variable Speed Drives (VSDs), preferably ABB & WEG
● Familiar with ATEX and working in explosive atmospheres.
● Must be able to distinguish colors.
● Valid driver’s license, safe driving record.
● Engineering experience within either CHP, Biogas, Anaerobic Digestion, Gas Engines, Diesel Engines, Generators,
Power Generation, Waste to Energy, Landfill Gas would be an asset.
● Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to work with international colleagues.
● Great attitude, personable, courteous and a great team player.
● Ability to work under pressure and stay focused in a fast-paced environment.
● Understanding of Health, Safety and Environment legislation and requirements.
How to apply
We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals. To be considered for this role please apply through the Greenlane Renewables page on LinkedIn and attach your resume. While we thank all interested candidates only those who are short-listed will be contacted.